Kawai UST-7 ringing echo

Mark's Piano Service mps@usol.com
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:29:08 -0500

Dear list,

I am working on a Kawai UST-7 Studio Upright (serial # k1315592).
When I hammer on the bass keys that have 2 strings only, I hear a =
distant yet discernable sizzle/ringing/echo sound. I searched quite =
extensively to find the culprit of what may be a weak damper or =
something else that was just plain loose.
I am wondering if this may just be a sympathethic ringing that may be =
caused my echoing off a wall or something of the like.
Funny thing is though it only occurs in that area of the bass, nowhere =
else!=20
Is this a characteristic of this model?
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance