Piano Maintenance versus Piano Tooning

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:24:24 EST

Dave
  Good post & philosophy. The important thing is that  the whole piano is
being improved. Ist time it's hammer blow & Loss , next  time let -off, next time
the dip & as the trust builds  the request is  do whatever it needs to make
it right. You'll know you've arrived when the  request is for voicing & not
tuning. You got em trained at this  point.
  At Yamaha Little red school house  La Roy would  tell us that if the
Japanese technicians were not being invited for lunch  then they were not doing
there job. In Japan if you are there at lunch time  & uninvited it means they
didn't like you enough & it was your fault  & repeat busniness unlikely.
   SO much of our businesses is personal re pore  with the client , which
includes just being personable, prompt & likeable. I  read once that people know
when they meet a business person  for the first  time that in less than 10
seconds there mind is made up as to wether they have  chosen to do business with
you or not. What that something is  for me is  confidence, calmness
knowledable & hence trust. I want to feel good about  the people I do business with & so
do our clients.
   Most piano owning people want Quality people  & service & if they are
convinced you're the real deal they will open  their hearts & , homes & don't mind
paying for it.
  Waytago Dave
  Dale

Dale, Dave, Barbara and others who have been in business for years have
built long-term trust with their clients.  Those of us who are  newer to the
business need patience to develop these types of  relationships.

Dave Stahl