Infrared non-contact Thermometer

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:13:21 -0700

Jack,
    Got pages and pages of temps from info gathered for a class. Wait till
you get your new toy on stage, man. It's cool. You can check your temps on
struts and strings and actually out-guess the pitch drop! If you have a
regular venue or two (or ten), you can get some averages for how much
change to expect under the lights and with an audience, etc. It's funny how
different it can be for different groups, like symphony or choir. Once you
get a fair idea of the swings, you're looking at about .8 cent per degree
F. The fun comes when you run out during intermission, etc., with an ETD
and the IR thermo to check stats. Way cool.
Mine is a Radio Shack 50 buck model. I lust after the one I saw at the
radiator shop that had a laser pointer built in, and would read from 2 feet
away.

Have fun!

Oh, and don't forget to take it outside with you next time you BBQ. Tells
you alot about how your smoker/grill/ whatever is working.

Later,
Guy