Infrared non-contact Thermometer

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:53:43 -0800

Hi Nichols,

Mine has a laser pointer, you just sit on the piano bench and start =
pointing and record tempertures up to six feet. I now just pointed it to =
a light bulb and got a reading of 195*f.=20

Jack Houweling
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Nichols=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Infrared non-contact Thermometer

  Jack,
     Got pages and pages of temps from info gathered for a class. Wait =
till you get your new toy on stage, man. It's cool. You can check your =
temps on struts and strings and actually out-guess the pitch drop! If =
you have a regular venue or two (or ten), you can get some averages for =
how much change to expect under the lights and with an audience, etc. =
It's funny how different it can be for different groups, like symphony =
or choir. Once you get a fair idea of the swings, you're looking at =
about .8 cent per degree F. The fun comes when you run out during =
intermission, etc., with an ETD and the IR thermo to check stats. Way =
cool.
  Mine is a Radio Shack 50 buck model. I lust after the one I saw at the =
radiator shop that had a laser pointer built in, and would read from 2 =
feet away.

  Have fun!

  Oh, and don't forget to take it outside with you next time you BBQ. =
Tells you alot about how your smoker/grill/ whatever is working.

  Later,
  Guy
     =20