Infrared non-contact Thermometer

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:04:41 -0800

I just bought myself an infrared non-contact thermometer. An infrared =
thermometer lens collects and focuses the infrared energy onto a =
sensor.The sensor produces a small voltage output, proportional to the =
target temperature, which is processed and displayed. You can just aim =
and push the button and read the current surface temperatures in less =
than a second. Here is a sample reading of a grand piano I just tuned. =20
=20
Kawai rx2 is in a dining room, the back of the piano is 2ft from a =
window.
=20
Outside temperature is:    45*f
Inside window:                 56*f
Outside wall:                   62*f
Back of piano:                 63*f
Bass bridge:                   64*f
Front,near keys:              68*f

The instrument gives the customers and myself  a good idea of varying =
degrees of temperatures around the piano. I have yet to use it on a =
piano with bright lights shining on it.

Jack