More reasons this job is interesting

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:18:55 EST

Tuning a cheapo asian grand in a living room that looked like an exhibit
hall in the louvre, with white french provinicial furniture, 30 foot ceilings,
and a marble floor wasn't that fun.  In fact, I've had nightmare fantasies
about this very thing.  Sort of like if you were tuning a piano in that  scene
where the starchild is born in "2001, a Space Odyssey."  The echoes  were nearly
impossible to distinguish from the beats in the unisons.  But  it WAS a
unique environment to be sure.

>From there, it was on to theCapital Club, on the 17th floor of that  bastion
of Conservatism, the Knight-Ridder Building in downtown San Jose, where  I
replaced a string, tuned, and gave an estimate for an action bracket  replacement
on a Young Chang 157(the estimate was NOT low!).  Watching the  planes arrive
and depart from the nearby airport was quite a trip!

Seldom is the day when I don't have something interesting to offer my wife
in the way of dinner table conversation!  (at least I think it's
intersting...:-)

As Bill Ballard says, may life give you interesting pianos,
(and, I'll add, interesting situations in which to tune them!)

Dave Stahl