More reasons this job is interesting

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 04:22:58 -0600

DS,

At 01:18 11/3/2005, you wrote:
>Tuning a cheapo asian grand in a living room that looked like an exhibit
>hall in the louvre, with white french provinicial furniture, 30 foot
>ceilings, and a marble floor wasn't that fun.  In fact, I've had nightmare
>fantasies about this very thing.  Sort of like if you were tuning a piano
>in that scene where the starchild is born in "2001, a Space Odyssey."  The
>echoes were nearly impossible to distinguish from the beats in the
>unisons.  But it WAS a unique environment to be sure.

I feel your pain, or is that pride?  Did a spinet in an airplane hanger,
once.  Sustain in the top octave??? Sure sounded like it in that cavern.

>Seldom is the day when I don't have something interesting to offer my wife
>in the way of dinner table conversation!  (at least I think it's
>intersting...:-)
>
>As Bill Ballard says, may life give you interesting pianos,
>(and, I'll add, interesting situations in which to tune them!)
>
>Dave Stahl

That sounds real close to the old Chinese _curse_, "May you live in
interesting times."

Conrad
November in northern Iowa and wondering where the snow is...
Oh, that's right, I've got a supply of firewood this year...