Piano Bench Height

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 05:28:16 -0500

Indeed. You can hear his humming on some of his recordings. My wife says =
that he also played sometimes with his legs crossed.

Terry Farrell

  Didn't Glen play with his one leg crossed over the other?  He would =
have to have the bench low to do that.  Seems like he was a hummer too.
  Jim
  James Grebe

    =20

    Power! As others have said.  I have some artist benches here that I =
have modified with 2" blocks of wood to raise them even higher than they =
normally go, and 2 for which I bought Jansen's 2" longer legs.  I you =
are sitting back far enough even a person with long legs can get them =
under the keyboard because of the angle.  Personally I always want my =
elbows to be higher than the keyboard.  My question has always been how =
on earth did Glen Gould play sitting so low?

    =20

    dave

    =20

    David M. Porritt