Piano Bench Height

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:44:51 -0600

Didn't Glen play with his one leg crossed over the other?  He would have =
to have the bench low to do that.  Seems like he was a hummer too.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, piano benches, writing =
instruments
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Porritt, David=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:10 AM
  Subject: RE: Piano Bench Height

  Terry:

  =20

  Power! As others have said.  I have some artist benches here that I =
have modified with 2" blocks of wood to raise them even higher than they =
normally go, and 2 for which I bought Jansen's 2" longer legs.  I you =
are sitting back far enough even a person with long legs can get them =
under the keyboard because of the angle.  Personally I always want my =
elbows to be higher than the keyboard.  My question has always been how =
on earth did Glen Gould play sitting so low?

  =20

  dave

  =20

  David M. Porritt