Strange Bridge

Calin Tantareanu calin.tantareanu@gmx.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:37:46 +0300

Hi Del!

Can you tell us what "flat-strung" pianos have a good scale? And if =
you'd have pictures too...

Regards,

 Calin Tantareanu
 http://calintantareanu.tripod.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:20 PM
  Subject: RE: Strange Bridge

  It would probably be more accurate to call them non-overstrung scales =
but this, to me, has always sounded some demeaning -- after all the =
practice of over-stringing came along nearly 150 years after the =
invention of the piano and introduced all kinds of problems. A good =
flat-strung scale is a joy to behold; visually and aurally. (OK. I know =
there aren't many good ones around, but that's not my fault!)

  Del