Leather Key Bushings

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:55:30 EST

<< My understanding from another local technician (who has used them) is that

they are not as adjustable as felt so they are harder to fit.>>

Greetings,
    I don't use leather, because it's service life is short.  It lasts a long
time, but gets noisy quicker than felt.
However, it is easy to size.  Get the leather a slight bit thicker than you
need, and then put a sanding drum in the drill press.  By placing a block of
wood the correct distance from the drum, you can sand down the felt strips to
whatever thickness you need by pulling it between the drum and the block.  Watch
your fingers!
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT