soundboard causing buzz

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:56:20 -0600

Hi John,

Your description of "crack that doesn't go all the way through the board"
suggested laminated soundboard failure - though rare, I had heard of one
buzzing Samick where the solution was to drill pilot holes for screws,
inject glue in the holes, and install screws (from underneath, not through,
invisible from above).  Obviously not the problem with your S&S L.  I'd
follow the earlier advice to look for a separating joint at rim or rib.

Mike

Hi Mike, sorry, 1926 Steinway L.

-- John

> John,
>
> Remind us what make and age of piano is this?
>
> thanks
>
> Mike

Michael Spalding
spalding48@earthlink.net