Starr console

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:16:26 +0930 (Cen. Australia Standard Time)

 Has the underside felt of the hammer come unglued? This is the type of
symptom a unglued hammer felt produces.=0D
=0D
Robin Stevens=0D
South Australia  =0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 03/28/05 07:06:01=0D
To: PTG Pianotech=0D
Subject: Starr console=0D
 =0D
I'm stuck.  The piano is a Starr Console piano.  The C1 note plays, but o=
nly
softly.  If you play it and the surrounding notes quietly, it is just fin=
e.=20
Play with more force and the other notes get louder, the C1 does not.  It
feels as if the key is bottoming out before the hammer can reach the stri=
ng.
 The let off is correct.  I have removed the front rail felt and tried it
that way, but still feels as if something is impeding the hammer in its
motion.  The damper mechanism seems to be fine, the spoon is adjusted
correctly.  I removed and replaced the whippen, and hammer, and all seems=
be A-OK.  Nothing is broken and the flanges all are working easily.  The
backcheck is adjusted all right.  It has been adjusted for lost motion.  =
don't know what to check next.  Everything seems to working properly and
adjusted correctly, yet something is keeping the hammer from contacting t=
he
string with the proper force.  Any ideas????=0D
 =0D
Ed Carwithen=0D
Associate PTG=0D
John Day, OR=0D