Starr console

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:42:58 -0600

Also check the jack to see if it is cracked or broken where it's pinned.
Checking letoff in slow motion won't always reveal what is happening =
with
the jack on a regular blow. Is the jack spring in it's place and =
unbroken?
If not, the jack may not be fully returning.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Avery Todd
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:29 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Starr console

Ed,=20

It sounds like the jack is not far enough under the hammer butt and is
escaping too=20
easily. Similar to a grand that has the jack adjusted too far forward. =
Have
you tried
the grand type test of holding the hammer in place and then playing the =
key
with a=20
little force and seeing if the jack escapes? It shouldn't.=20

Avery=20