Starr console

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:29:04 -0600

Ed,

It sounds like the jack is not far enough under the hammer butt and is
escaping too
easily. Similar to a grand that has the jack adjusted too far forward. Have
you tried
the grand type test of holding the hammer in place and then playing the key
with a
little force and seeing if the jack escapes? It shouldn't.

Avery