Baldwin Spinet Help

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:32:29 -0700

Hi Matthew.
Look for a divot in the key stick balance rail bushing. None ? Next look =
( by feel ) for a divot in the wippen cushion.=20
Key stick re bush or needle old cloth.=20
Wippen, steam and file with sand paper. Then teflon powder or other =
slick dry lube.=20
No cure? Check wippen pinning. Lube, shrink  or repin.=20
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:17 PM
  Subject: Baldwin Spinet Help

    I just tuned a Baldwin Spinet today and I have two questions.

    The serial no. is 1244808.  What year is this?  I looked it up and =
couldn't find it.  Am I missing something here?

    Two notes were giving me trouble.  Not with tuning, but with =
repetition.  The rep was not fast at all.  You have to wait at least two =
seconds for the key to come all the way back up before you can play =
again.  The key is quick is come back the first 1/2 inch or so, but the =
rest of the way, sometimes you just have to pull the key up again.  What =
can be the many causes of this?  Believe me, I am trying and I am =
learning, thanks!

    Matthew