Shimming Soundboards

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:11:43 -0800 (PST)

 I have often observed shimmed soundboards develop
another crack right beside the shim or the shim glue
joint fails after a few seasons.  Shims from new wood
or old wood can create problems if they are not at
practically the same moisture content level as the
board itself when they are installed.  I have not seen
a crack develop right beside an epoxy filled crack,
have you?

Bob Hull