Steinway with reverse crown

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:22:34 -0600

I changed the  name of the subject  line because a Steinway with reverse
crown has nothing to do with a subject line =93New Baldwin=94  Please =
follow
questions interspersed below.   ---ric=20

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Terry
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:15 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: New Baldwin

=20

I had a new Steinway with the exact same circumstances (full =
quarter-inch
reverse crown). Stenway wouldn't do anything because their opinion was =
that
there was nothing wrong with the piano.

=20

Terry Farrell

=20

How did you determine this?  The condition you describe, it seems would =
tend
to  pull the strings up off the bridge pins or be pulling the pins out =
of
the bridge.  Was this across the whole bridge? What model? How new? Was =
it
sold?  How was the bass bearing.  Do you mean =BC reverse bearing?  Did =
SnS
have a tech of their own evaluate the piano after you?  Do you mean if =
you
loosened the string and took it off the bridge pins then pulled it back =
up,
the bridge would be =BC inch below the level of the string?  If so I =
would
like to come and take pictures.=20

---ric   =20

www.pnotec.com <http://www.pnotec.com/>    home of pnotecElist  an =