Where's the action (cloth)?

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:31:38 -0500

MessageI have also always avoided rebushing. And as such, I've likely =
only rebushed a dozen or so centers over my few years in this business. =
So, when recently faced with a new-ish action full of bad action centers =
(black gook gumming everything up), I was planning on simply replacing =
all the flanges (back action also) and the wippens.

BUT, as I had this big pile of Renner pre-glued action center cloth (or =
is it felt?) calling to me, I thought: "wouldn't it be fun to rebush and =
repin all the centers in this action?"

So I did.

I learned a lot. I now can do a pretty decent job rebushing and =
repinning. I am finally getting very consistent friction in centers =
(always had trouble with that before). It would have been more =
cost-efficient to simply replace parts - and next time I likely will go =
that route - but I'm glad I did it this way this one time.

Terry Farrell
  I avoid rebushing an action center when I can, but when I have to it's =
Titebond for me.  While hide glue is good glue......

  SNIP

  David M. Porritt