Where's the action (cloth)?

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:36:24 -0600

Alan:

=20

I avoid rebushing an action center when I can, but when I have to it's
Titebond for me.  While hide glue is good glue, I think it is revered in
our circles beyond it's due.  It's fussy, has to be the right
temperature, keep stirring and adding water to keep the right
consistency, watch for evidence of bacteria.....  A lot of the time -
maybe most of the time - there are other glues that will do just as well
or even better.  PVC-E is good glue though I haven't tried it on action
centers, it's my choice for key bushings.  It is fast, holds well, and
is removed even easier than hide glue.  My glue pot stays on the shelf
the vast majority of the time.=20

=20

As to rebushing a flange for the RPT test, remember there are enough
points in the things that are important (like things you'll really do in
your work) that you can just skip a couple of what I think of as the
silly ones.  I'd mention what some of the silly ones are, but my flame
suit is getting old and I can't afford a new one.  :-)

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt