Spinet backchecks was New Yamaha M500: "damper rest rail"?

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:33:24 -0600

Cy asked: Which reminds me, how the heck do you adjust the backchecks on =
spinet?  I can hardly get a toothpick between the stickers, much less my
wire bender...
=20
If they are all messed up, it's easiest to remove the action and adjust
side-to-side and approximate front-to-back on an action cradle. Also, =
square
the heads.. Then, in the piano, you adjust front-to-back (for checking
distance) with a stick.=20
=20
I kid you not. You can make your own stick (tool)--there's a pattern for =
it
in the Potter School literature--or the Goosemeister sells one at: =
HYPERLINK
"https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/attachments/2a/97/7b/a0/attachment.htm