Where's the action (cloth)?

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:00:29 -0500

MessageYou are welcome. I apologize - sometimes I know my responses as a =
teeny little bit smart a$$y. You are correct - their felt products are =
not on the web site. I simply called them. You can order as many or as =
few as you wish. Only one size. If I recall correctly, they are $2 per =
strip (but I could be WAY off with that).

I honestly don't know how to rush drying the bushings. I've always just =
done it in my shop and had the luxury of time. I'd be tempted to =
experiment with other glues like Titebond in the shop first to make sure =
it didn't go too far into the felt (maybe use sparingly and let air dry =
until tacky???).

Have you used the Renner bushing felt before? Be sure to use their =
training tool (to get the felt to go through the flange easy. I pull my =
felt through the flange, one cut, thread a bunch of flanges on a long =
center pin wire (or individual wires), and then apply a 50/50 mix of =
water/alcohol and let dry overnight. Works great. Depending on how much =
friction you are after controls what size wire you use to for sizing.=20

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:58 PM
  Subject: RE: Where's the action (cloth)?

  Well, thanks Terry.=20

  I had checked out their website but if they post any prices or even =
list their felt products on there, they sure have them hidden. I emailed =
them. Do you have to call them to order, THEN find out the cost? If so, =
that would be very Steinway of them.

  I guess for field repairs, one could dab on a little Titebond.

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO