Where's the action (cloth)?

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:58:51 -0600

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:40 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Where's the action (cloth)?

Alan R. Barnard asks:
=20
"Who sells Renner cloth?"
=20
Ummmmmm......... Renner  HYPERLINK
"http://www.rennerusa.com"www.rennerusa.com . I just ordered some from =
them
a week or so ago. I assume you are speaking of action center bushing =
cloth
(that's the pre-glued stuff)?
=20
"From those who use it, please: Bill Spurlock says to let the pre-glued
stuff dry for "several hours." This would not seem to work if used for =
field
repairs or the RPT Technical ... thoughts?"
=20
Yup, takes a few hours - at least. I just let it dry overnight. How well =
do
you know your client?
=20
Might need to use plain cloth and hot hide glue - oops, there we go =
again,
now we've got to heat hot hide glue on-site - for one little action =
center
bushing?
=20
Just might need to bring part back to shop, fix and return at a later =
date.
"Quality work can't be rushed!" Check out some of the piano =
manufacturers
web sites - I'm sure you'll find some good sounding stuff there from =
their
marketing departments....
=20
"What stock of sizes should one purchase, not for shop work but just the =
odd
field repair?"
=20
I stock all of their one size - that way I can always have the right =
size!
=20
Terry Farrell
=20