Where's the action (cloth)?

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:40:09 -0500

MessageAlan R. Barnard asks:

"Who sells Renner cloth?"

Ummmmmm......... Renner  www.rennerusa.com . I just ordered some from =
them a week or so ago. I assume you are speaking of action center =
bushing cloth (that's the pre-glued stuff)?

"From those who use it, please: Bill Spurlock says to let the pre-glued =
stuff dry for "several hours." This would not seem to work if used for =
field repairs or the RPT Technical ... thoughts?"

Yup, takes a few hours - at least. I just let it dry overnight. How well =
do you know your client?

Might need to use plain cloth and hot hide glue - oops, there we go =
again, now we've got to heat hot hide glue on-site - for one little =
action center bushing?

Just might need to bring part back to shop, fix and return at a later =
date. "Quality work can't be rushed!" Check out some of the piano =
manufacturers web sites - I'm sure you'll find some good sounding stuff =
there from their marketing departments....

"What stock of sizes should one purchase, not for shop work but just the =
odd field repair?"

I stock all of their one size - that way I can always have the right =
size!

Terry Farrell