Increasing Crown

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:08:25 -0500

I didn't answer because I didn't know quite how to respond without sounding
sarcastic.

Sooooo, not meaning to sound sarcastic.........

Yes, I suppose if you wedge up a flat board and glue on some auxillary
laminations, you might be able to get the structure to retain a bit of
crown - but will that do any good? You are increasing the mass of the ribs.
What effect will that have? How much crown do you want? Will it get you
enough crown?

I guess I just don't have any real interest in haphazardly applying
band-aids to a soundboard that is shot.

Terry Farrell