a success!

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:31:06 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi Maggie,
> Make up three passive humidifiers from 2 liter coke bottles.
> cut the tops off
> put a rod thru the sides to hold a pad or wik
> use a damppchaser pad or similar
> fill all three with water and place in the bottom of the piano
> cover the back of the piano with 6 mil poly (vapor barrior material from
> hardware shop) fasten with thumb tacks or industrial staples.
> Without doing this the CA glue will fail a lot faster.

AH!  I've actually created a similar thing with sponges and ice-bins, but
I never thought of the barriar.  I'll do that!  Thanks!  :D

> What is your major instrument?

Flute, but I'm pretty versatile with woodwinds, which is why I'm thinking
about woodwind pedegogy.  I play basson in a woodwind quintet.  ;)

> Regards,
> Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.P.T.
> Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat

Is this latin?  What does it mean?