temp.setting

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:04:25 +0000

Hi Jerry, good to know . I sometimes get calls for North Jersey tunings. I'll send them your way.

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

-------------- Original message from Jerry Cohen <emailforjc@yahoo.com>: --------------

Hi Rick,

I’m from Bergen county, the Notheast corner of New Jersey.

Jerry Cohen, RPT
NJ Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of richard.ucci@att.net
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 11:10 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: temp.setting

Thanks Jerry, I'll try that. What part of Jersey are you from?
-------------- Original message from Jerry Cohen <emailforjc@yahoo.com>: --------------

Hi Rick,

For easing keys, I like to be just at or slightly below boiling. For setting, I flick a drop of water on the broach. If the water sits there, raise the temp. If it rapidly boils off, lower the temp. You just have to find the crossover point, and mark the dial. As a safety, I test it occasionally.

Jerry Cohen, RPT
NJ Chapter