Modern Tone II, the Return of the Question

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:46:40 -0600

Michael
=20
I'll try to communicate with you but I always have trouble talking to =
people
from Jolly Olde because I don't speak actual English. Ha.=20
=20
Actually, it's funny: I had a client once with a VERY thick,
you-should-pardon-the-expression, English accent. He sounded like his =
mother
was Aberdeen Scot, his father from Australia, both parents and all his
teachers and friends had speech defects, raised in the East End next to =
an
all-night foundry, mostly deaf himself, and the neighboring flat was
inhabited by Rock musicians on drugs. Man, he was hard to understand.
Anyhow, he'd been in the States for about 10 years and told me that when =
he
goes home (England) to visit family, everyone he runs into thinks he's =
an
American and has a hard time understanding him!!!    It's a rum old =
world,
as they (you) might say.
=20
String seating should read "string prep," or some such, and include
leveling, coil tightening, agraffe/capo dressing, and all of that. =
Bridge
pin stabilisation is, maybe, a word I made up but I mean slightly =
tapping
the pins in as needed, adding CA (or epoxy in bad cases) as needed, =
checking
the notching job, checking downbearing, and all that stuff to minimize =
false
beats, high partial buzz or whine, etc. I just didn't say it very well =
in my
post.
=20
Ciao for niao,