quality chuck for drill press

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:01:29 -0800

Yes, I'd be curious to know the model when it's convenient.  Now to get
the old one off...  Maybe there is a reason not to heat it up in the
oven first!

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Terry
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 5:02 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: quality chuck for drill press

I bought a basic Jacobs chuck. I paid just under $100. Made a huge
difference. I know Jacobs is a well-known large chuck manufacturer. No
doubt
there are other good quality manufacturers. I just went to my local
quality-tool dealer (Wholesale Tool) and asked for a recommendation. I
recommend doing the same - do you have a good tool dealer locally?- not
ACE
hardware or Homer's - but rather a real place where quality-conscious
professional contractors might shop for high-end tools - and that has
real
people - that know real things about tools - behind the counter (you
know,
like back in the old days).

I just did a Goggle search on "jacobs drill chuck" and got about a
million
results. One of the first page is:  http://www.biscofl.com/jacobs.htm .
Looks like they have a good assortment. If you want me to, I can take a
peek
at mine and see which model I ended up with.

Terry Farrell