Stringing Tools

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Hello guys,

I am in the process of purchasing some stringing tools, and I would like to know the wisest venture that would save me the most money.

For example...I don't think I will purchase a wire gauge.  They are spendy in my opinion.  In stead, I purchased a nice digital micrometer that I can use to measure string size, and I can also use it to measure center pins, keytops, etc.

And I also know that there are certain stringing tools that are a must to have in order to replace strings properly, and I know there are some tools that are not a necessity to have...they just make the job go easier.

I am just trying to find out exactly a list of the tools I need to replace treble strings that I absolutely need to have to get the job done.

Thanks!

Matthew Todd
Todd Piano Works
Piano Tuner/Technician