Re: Bösendorfer sound

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:57:14 +0100

On 24-jan-05, at 9:02, David Andersen wrote:

>> So I have come to the conclusion that very much depends on the
>> technician,
>> whether he/she is able to cope with the instrument. I think that is
>> actually
>> the most difficult task : to tame a lion so that it will lick your
>> paws and
>> mew for milk.
>>
>> friendly greetings
>> from
>> André Oorebeek
>

> Right on, right on, right on.  Within the limits of the instrument, the
> crucial factor in performance or recording pianos is the preparation
> by the
> technician/wizard.  Period. I have heard, many times, a piano sound
> and feel
> like shoite, and then some hours later, sound like roaring angels in
> living
> multicolor and feel like butter---transcendent. The first times I
> heard that
> happen---thank you, thank you, Richard Davenport and Kenyon Brown---I
> was
> hooked; I had to be able to do that, and my high-end journey started in
> earnest.
>
> I honor all wizards of our craft, past and present----intuitive,
> gifted men
> and women with a hard edge of craft, brutal honesty, a deep tonal
> memory, a
> passionate love for music, and an incredibly specialized and arcane
> skillset.
>
> We are lucky, lucky men, you and I, to be working on so many beautiful
> instruments.  Thanks for everything, Andre.  You make this list
> sing.....
>
> David Andersen

Thanks David, I surely hope to meet you again some day.

I remember meeting Richard Davenport in the shop of David Abel...
What became of him?
(I also read an article, sent to me by my sister in law from SF. it was
about Richard Davenport and another tuner, and the article was about
tuning with an ETD versus without...)

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek