Circle of Sound

Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:39:55 +0100

Hi there Thumpy

I've been glad to count you amoung my internet friends since you first
appeared on the list as well. For the record... this tangent I've taken
this on isnt about Ron O in particular... or any one post in
particular.  Heck... Ron is one of the most valued resources this list
has.  I just used his comment as an example of a different kind of
posting then the one Horace got so jumped on,  that could be made more
useful with out much difficulty. We see these kinds of posts quite often
dont we ?  Certainly didnt mean to ruffle any feathers.

gordon stelter wrote:

>Hi Richard,
>    As one who considers himself your "friend" I would
>guess that Ron merely assumed that we all knew what he
>was talking about when making these references: i.e.
>sympathetic resonances, and that horrid, nasally mess
>that comes from the string terminations on otherwise
>pleasing, large Baldwins.

Grin... experience has taught me not to take folks or what they mean for
granted.  I like to make sure of what someone is refering exactly
because I find that different people often will have very different
perceptions about the same thing. Since these perceptions in turn bear
on what value judgements are made and why,  I think its a good thing to
be sure of whats being said.

>     Perhaps he was merely assuming that we all had
>more experience than we actually do? No crime.

No crime infered either, and tho we dont get Baldwins over here... of
any sort, I'm not really sure that ones experience figures into this.