Circle of Sound

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:59:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
wrote:

> Hi there Thumpy
>
> I've been glad to count you amoung my internet
> friends since you first
> appeared on the list as well. For the record... this
> tangent I've taken
> this on isnt about Ron O in particular... or any one
> post in
> particular.  Heck... Ron is one of the most valued
> resources this list
> has.  I just used his comment as an example of a
> different kind of
> posting then the one Horace got so jumped on,  that
> could be made more
> useful with out much difficulty. We see these kinds
> of posts quite often
> dont we ?  Certainly didnt mean to ruffle any
> feathers.

I agree. Specificity helps. I just cowered in dread as
you questioned, in any way, the Great Ron-O!
(  Perhaps you forgot to take your nap.)
     Thump

P.S. Please pick on Ron-N all you want. He deserves
it.

P.P.S. Those big Baldwins, by the way, have these
patented "resonators" terminating the front end of the
speaking length--horrid little "Half Rounds of Doom",
I calls 'em. Nasty things which rasp, rattle and buzz
like crazy. Fandrich recommends having them planed off
and replaced with brass---if you can afford it (
they're case-hardened ). But, frankly, they're
probably a lot more irritating to the tuner and player
than the audience. These nasty peripheral sounds, as
you probably know, tend to diminish in audibility
quite dramatically over a few feets' distance from the
piano.
( Now was that all nice and specific-like, or what? )