hammer advice

Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:26:13 +0100

The most accurate boring is done matching bore length to stringheight.
Perhaps this is overkill really, given the fact that "standard bore"
hammers are used very successfully all the time.

Voicing ease... well it depends on your method and how experienced you
are... but I would suggest you go with Ronsens new Wurzen felts.  They
should be rather nice out of the box, easy to needle and bring out the
elasticity, and perhaps at the high and low ends need a little help with
lacquer... a kind of middle of the road route if you will.

Cheers
RicB