hammer advice

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:37:28 -0800

Ronsen.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of pianolover 88
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:15 PM
To: PIANOTECH@PTG.ORG
Subject: hammer advice

Replacing hammers on client's 1926 Wurlitzer baby grand. I'm seeking
recommendations on which supply co. to order from for **most** accurate
boring-for Angle AND Pitch.  Also, I'm wondering what the best hammer
would
be for this piano. I want a nice mellow tone, and easy to voice. I'm
leaning
toward Abel, but then Schaff grand hammers look pretty decent, and I
like
that I can get them reinforced. Again, I look to this wonderful Forum's
combined wisdom and consensus.

Cheers!

Terry Peterson