hammer advice

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:36:17 EST

Terry
  What happened to your Ronsen enthusiasm?????????????? Remember Your
Yamaha??
  Dale

Replacing hammers on client's 1926 Wurlitzer baby grand. I'm seeking
recommendations on which supply co. to order from for **most** accurate
boring-for Angle AND Pitch.  Also, I'm wondering what the best hammer  would
be for this piano. I want a nice mellow tone, and easy to voice. I'm  leaning
toward Abel, but then Schaff grand hammers look pretty decent, and  I like
that I can get them reinforced. Again, I look to this wonderful  Forum's
combined wisdom and consensus.

Cheers!

Terry  Peterson

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com