Check out The Overs I-rib sound board

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:44:14 +1100

Clyde, Dale and all,

I missed this post when it came through, as I was out of Sydney doing
a country region service.

>At Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:23:31 -0800 (PST)
>Clyde Allen <tunepiano1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Dale thanks for sharing this link. Wow! This is very innovative yet
>at first glance it looks like its based on common sense engineering.
>Elegant. I wonder how the piano sounds.
>
>Clyde Allen
>PTG Assoc.
>Silver Spring, MD

Clyde,

Only two of our 225 pianos (4 & 5) and one Steinway D have received
I-rib soundboards to date. While we're getting positive feedback from
various pianists and technicians, unfortunately, the only recording
of an I-rib piano to date is the recording of the Sydney
Conservatorium launch for piano 5 (Aug 5, 04). This concert was held
in one of the two smaller 120 seat auditoriums at the newly
refurbished Conservatorium, which have a rather small-room acoustic,
and not particularly suited to larger-piano tone. The Con's larger
250 seat Music Workshop has a very good acoustic. This room was used
for the Rachmaninoff Lilacs recording with Scott Davie in 1992 (links
to Mp3 samples taken from this recording can be found at
http://overspianos.com.au/samp.html ). For those who might wish to
purchase a copy of this CD, there is a link to the appropriate
Buywell webpage underneath the Mp3 sample links.

Some of you already will have heard this 2002 Scott Davie recording
of Rachmaninoff piano works. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation
will be recording a new CD (for future commercial release) with Scott
using our piano no. 5 from the Sydney Con, Feb 14 -18. This recording
will include Mossorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. Once the
recording has been mastered, I'll get a couple of samples up on the
website.

In the meantime, I'll have a listen to the launch concert for piano
no. 5 to see if I think its good enough to convert to Mp3 as an
interim sample of an I-rib board.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY