hammer advice

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:14:58 -0800

Replacing hammers on client's 1926 Wurlitzer baby grand. I'm seeking
recommendations on which supply co. to order from for **most** accurate
boring-for Angle AND Pitch.  Also, I'm wondering what the best hammer would
be for this piano. I want a nice mellow tone, and easy to voice. I'm leaning
toward Abel, but then Schaff grand hammers look pretty decent, and I like
that I can get them reinforced. Again, I look to this wonderful Forum's
combined wisdom and consensus.

Cheers!

Terry Peterson