Erard photos and tips for regulation

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:34:30 +0100

Hello,

I think Pierre has forgotten to add the web link that deals with the =
regulation of the French Grand pianos.
It must be this link he wanted to share to you:

http://fractales.inria.fr/~louchet/perso/pianos.html

Maybe with the google translating option you can get the full page in =
english if you don't understand french at all.

These pianos are a bit strange in terms of regulation for the techs who =
have the habit of regulating standard actions, but when properly rebuilt =
and regulated, they have a very good sound.

Of course, we often encounter this kind of pianos in France, because =
this is the country they come from, so we have the practice for the =
servicing of these actions.

One of the interesting features of this action is that you can remove a =
key without removing all the action stack from the key frame.

Maybe you cannot reach an awesome precision in some steps of the =
regulation (I particularly think about the drop regulation, which is =
regulated with a "T-shaped" screw), but I think it is worth the work, =
these pianos have a soul.

I think the main problems are the under-damper system, and first of all =
the huge amount of work needed to remove the pinblock from the case : it =
is wedged between the two sides of the case.

Good luck with it !!!

Quentin