Erard photos and tips for regulation

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:15:44 -0500

Dave, Tom,

If either of you (or anyone else) have any pictures (or could take some) =
of the over-damper system on these pianos (showing the basic mechanical =
setup), I would very much appreciate seeing them.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell

terry@farrellpiano.com
  (snip)

  Also note the manner in which damper lever works. Even though this =
would be an over-damper system, note the direction in which the spoon =
lever moves to engage the damper underlever is reversed. Lowering the =
spoon position causes the damper to engage sooner.
  (snip)

  Tom Servinsky

  I worked on an Erard from 1917 yesterday. =20
  (snip)

  Dave Stahl