Improving a Dampp Chaser system

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:31:33

Hi Bob,

The reason a string cover will work better is that even with the lid all
the way up for performance the humidity levels will be more constant.
Having the lid *all the way* closed works very well *if* you have a
cooperative client who is 100% consistent about keeping the piano shut, but
clients like that do not include most churches, where the piano may be in
use by many individuals. Getting them "all on the same page" is very
difficult. If you insist too much--they will find someone else who does not
"nag" them so much.

At 12:09 AM 21/01/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Concerning the improvement of the Dampp-Chaser system:
>
>Why wouldn't keeping the lid closed and using a piano
>cover  do just as well, if not better?  Especially if
>you have a Dampp Chaser and an undercover?
>--- Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> I would go with the edwards string cover.
>
>Because?
>
>  Bob Hull

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/