Improving a Dampp Chaser system

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:09:25 -0800 (PST)

Concerning the improvement of the Dampp-Chaser system:

Thanks for the input.  Tom, you commented about the
effect that your string covers had on the sound and if
I read you right there was no muting or sound decrease
with the lid up and string covers on, is that right?

Why wouldn't keeping the lid closed and using a piano
cover  do just as well, if not better?  Especially if
you have a Dampp Chaser and an undercover?

--- Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I would go with the edwards string cover.

Because?

Merci beaucoup,

  Bob Hull