soundboards & voicing

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:40:19 +0100

On 20-jan-05, at 16:17, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>  My Advice to all is stop being so optimistic about the condition of=20=

> old compression crowned boards. It's a method full of pitfalls which=20=

> is a self destructing method in which all crown has collapsed by now=20=

> =A0in pianos built 85 plus years ago
> =A0 Regards
> =A0 Dale
> =A0

This is exactly why I favor new boards over old ones.
And indeed, there is the matter of voicing.

It is my experience that the power of a new board makes for a better=20
result in voicing.
In other words : a new board gives more power and thereby creates a=20
wider range of tone color during voicing.
Maybe that's why I, as a voicing technician, like new piano's better.=20
Older instruments create more problems especially in regard to buzz and=20=

voicing 'noise'.

Hey! and don't get me wrong... we do nothing but repair and restore old=20=

beauties, but it is wonderful to work on a very young concert=20
instrument.

Capisce?

EAR

friendly greetings