piano techs and their cars

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:54:42 -0400

Would you guys, who have things stolen from their vehicles make a list of your locations. I want to avoid those locations. :-)
Seriously, I consider myself very lucky, I have been driving for over 50 years, and never had a vehicle broken into, or anything stolen, from myself, house or car.
After reading about the woes of people on the list, I guess I will have to watch myself on my way to the next convention. I always drive to them.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keith Roberts
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 10:56 AM
  Subject: Re: piano techs and their cars

  Andre, you are right, the beat up vehicle gets left
  alone. You still make the mistake of locking it. That shows you are afraid of losing something. I went to a concert in Oakland and parked on the street and the woman I was with had me roll the window down so someone could just  get their arm in. We came back and everybody's window on the passenger side was broken except ours. She was irate when she found they took 30 and some odd cents in change from her console.

  I lock my car door where I live to keep the kids honest but I know if someone really wants to take my stuff, they will, and quickly, locked or not.

  Keith