even more Damp-Chaser thoughts

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:43:20 -0500

>>They leave the lid
closed all week until Sundays, with the heating set to 56 all week (unless
there's an event). There is no bottom cover. They have reported to me the
low-water light was blinking occasionally, but I'm pretty sure they keep up
with watering the piano.

56 is pretty severe. Since you have a little history now and you are still
seeing instability, I'd definitely recommend that they install a Jansen
cover. Explain that the piano is not staying as stable as it needs to be and
the severity of the environment is dictating the additional step of adding a
cover.

Dean