Glues,powders,softeners,etc

Pianotech pianotech@tds.net
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:51:33 -0600

Hi Andre,

Um, Colodion?  I don't believe I'm familiar with that one.  Does it have =
another name?

Thanks,
William R. Monroe
Madison, WI

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 4:41 PM
  Subject: Re: Glues,powders,softeners,etc

  On 12-jan-05, at 18:22, mps@usol.com wrote:

    What do you consider to be the best beginners arsenal of Glues,=20
    Powders, Hardeners, Softeners, etc for a new tech?

    I am repairing and will soon begin trying my hand at voicing.

    Thank you in advance

    Mark Montbriand

    Mark's Piano service
    Freeland,
    MI

  Well, for one, we have developed a glue for gluing hammers only which =
is just like the Yamaha hammer glue.
  It is a white, expanding, glue, does not drip and thus forms a nice =
collar or ring around the shank.
  We just improved it and found the perfect formula, meaning that it is =
perfect. It gets stone hard and forms a very tight connection between =
the hammer head and the shank. The fact that it expands means that the =
drilling can be wide. This gives you ample time to position the hammers.

  Powders : I use only pure teflon powder.

  Hardener : I only use colodion.

  Softener : never use it. We usually don't soften hammers with =
chemicals but with needling.

  friendly greetings
  from
  Andr=E9 Oorebeek