seeking wood screws

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:08:27 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C4F5C6.329F31C0
Dean,

Oh, and maybe I forgot to say, whatever you do, don't wiggle that long =
drill bit  --  it could break. But hey, that's no problem, just =
jack-hammer out a chunk of the rim and pull it out!=20

Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

Anon

  >>I use an external tooth lockwasher under the plate.  The reason:  I =
don't want the hanger bolt to turn in the rim when I tighten the nut on =
top.

  Carl Meyer
  PTG assoc<<

  Wouldn't such a washer also tend to prevent the locknut below from =
turning when the hanger bolt is raised? If the hanger bolt is backed out =
to raise the plate, but the nut below doesn't turn with the bolt, then =
the plate remains stationary.=20

  Although I don't have any personal experience with the system yet, it =
seems like you are trying to prevent an inconsequential problem. If it =
the acorn nut tightens sufficiently within a reasonable amount of turns =
after contacting the plate, that alone is evidence that bolt is not =
turning  significantly. If you can't tighten the acorn nut, then maybe =
there is a problem.

  Dean
------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C4F5C6.329F31C0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...