That's Business! Was Baldwin, Yamaha, etc.

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:20:33 -0500

On Jan 8, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Alan wrote:

> Maybe Wal-Mart will buy the Baldwin name and have Pearl River build=20
> pianos to sell

Page 32 of the January issue of the Piano Technicians Journal has a=20
press release regarding "a joint venture with [the] Chinese government=20=

and manufacturing partners to form Baldwin Zhongshan China."

A web search came up with this more brief snippet:

New Baldwins from China debut at Shanghai Expo
Press Release

The newest member of the Baldwin family, Baldwin Piano and Musical=20
Instruments Co., Ltd., based in Zhongshan, China, made its exhibition=20
debut at the Music China Expo (Oct. 20-23). The trade show was held at=20=

Shanghai New International Expo Center, where guests had the=20
opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the finest pianos=20=

in the world. Among the pianos displayed at the Baldwin Zhongshan booth=20=

were the Baldwin nine-foot SD10 concert grand, Wurlitzer grands, and=20
Hamilton, J.C. Fischer and Sunshine vertical pianos, as well as a=20
Baldwin E225 grand piano with the ConcertMaster player system. Also=20
displayed were Gibson, Kramer and Epiphone guitars.

  =93We are very pleased with the immediate success of our newest=20
acquisition in Zhongshan, China,=94 said Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and=20=

CEO of Gibson Guitar Corp., (parent company of Baldwin Piano Inc.),=20
=93And we are very excited at being able to offer members of the musical=20=

instrument industry in China the opportunity to experience the=20
extraordinary quality of all of our instruments.=94

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched