That's Business! Was Baldwin, Yamaha, etc.

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:51:10 -0800

Really?  A sunshine vertical.  Only plays during daylight hours, I =
assume.

Carl Meyer
PTG assoc
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:20 PM
  Subject: Re: That's Business! Was Baldwin, Yamaha, etc.

  On Jan 8, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Alan wrote:

    Maybe Wal-Mart will buy the Baldwin name and have Pearl River build =
pianos to sell=20

  Page 32 of the January issue of the Piano Technicians Journal has a =
press release regarding "a joint venture with [the] Chinese government =
and manufacturing partners to form Baldwin Zhongshan China."

  A web search came up with this more brief snippet:

  New Baldwins from China debut at Shanghai Expo
  Press Release

  The newest member of the Baldwin family, Baldwin Piano and Musical =
Instruments Co., Ltd., based in Zhongshan, China, made its exhibition =
debut at the Music China Expo (Oct. 20-23). The trade show was held at =
Shanghai New International Expo Center, where guests had the opportunity =
to get up close and personal with some of the finest pianos in the =
world. Among the pianos displayed at the Baldwin Zhongshan booth were =
the Baldwin nine-foot SD10 concert grand, Wurlitzer grands, and =
Hamilton, J.C. Fischer and Sunshine vertical pianos, as well as a =
Baldwin E225 grand piano with the ConcertMaster player system. Also =
displayed were Gibson, Kramer and Epiphone guitars.=20

  =93We are very pleased with the immediate success of our newest =
acquisition in Zhongshan, China,=94 said Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and =
CEO of Gibson Guitar Corp., (parent company of Baldwin Piano Inc.), =
=93And we are very excited at being able to offer members of the musical =
instrument industry in China the opportunity to experience the =
extraordinary quality of all of our instruments.=94

  Patrick Draine