Yamaha's idiotic policies

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:45:21 -0800

So let me understand this.  In order for Yamaha to be sure that they can
supply replacement parts for their pianos, they sell them at a loss???
And then there's the bridge.  There are alternatives:  minimum order,
raise prices, sell them through supply houses to eliminate small order
processing costs.  It's all about controlling market share from gray
market pianos.  I think that's fairly obvious.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of PianoTek4u@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:27 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Yamaha's idiotic policies

To the List:

With regard to Yamaha Corporation's parts policy, I spoke to Dave Durben
of Yamaha at the Februrary, 2004 Tech Conference at the LAX Hilton and
the gist of the conversation was thus:  It costs Yamaha about $20 just
to PROCESS an order for parts and, in many instances, Yamaha takes a
loss in the supplying of parts for its instruments.  Consequently, so as
not to exacerbate these losses, the piano maker will only supply parts
for those pianos which are in America legitimately which is why the
serial numbers of instruments are required when ordering.  I hope this
information may help explain their policy.

Respectfully,

Anthony G. Bajada